MAKING THE DUMPLING FILLING
- In a large bowl add 450g of minced Pork, leave some of the fat on for flavour. (if you can't mince, just dice finely)
- Add 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- Mix in a tablespoon of potato starch and 60ml of water. Mix well, then add another 60ml of water and continue to mix.
- Add 1/3 teaspoon of sugar
- Mix in 1/2 tablespoon Sesame oil, 1 tablespoon of Soy sauce & 3 tablespoons of oil.
- Add 1/3 tablespoon of pepper to the mix.
- Add a handful of finely chopped Spring onion and 100g of diced cabbage
MAKING THE DUMPLING CASING
- In another big bowl, add 450g of flour and gradually mix in 250ml water, and 2 teaspoon of oil.
- Mix and knead by hand to form soft dough.
- Cover the dough with a towel and put it aside for about an hour.
- Scatter some dry flour on a cutting board, knead and roll the dough into a sausage, about 5 centimeters in diameter, then chop it into small pieces.
- Press each piece with your hand and to create a pancake shape.
- Using a rolling pin, roll out the pancake to make it about 1mm thick.
- Hold the pancake with your palm and put the filling in the centre
- Wrap into half-moon shape and pinch the edges to close the dumpling.